Secure, balanced & comfortable flotation for Dogs.
Stunt Puppy addressed two big issues with conventional dog life jackets:
Stunt Puppy enclosed the harness between the front legs:
- Conventional jackets are open between the front legs, which can cause the heavy head and chest area to sink and fall through that gap - so we closed it with a continuous articulated chest and belly panel
- The enclosed design is better for buoyancy, security and comfort, particularly when being lifted
- Flotation in the under-chest panel supports the heavier shoulder area and helps keep the head higher in the water
- Attaching the handle to the full harness supports the dog fully, secures them firmly and eases pressure on soft issue
Stunt Puppy trimmed and articulated the panels to create a more streamlined fit
- Conventional jackets are mostly rectangular with a curve around the neck because that’s cheaper to produce, but rectangles don’t fit around the curves of a dog and single piece buoyancy foam is stiff and awkward
- Every panel on the Float Doggy is curved to mirror the shape of a dog's body
- Each Float Doggy panel is articulated for flexibility to improve comfort and movement and give a streamlined fit
- Float Doggy panels uses different densities of foam to balance a dog’s natural buoyancy and reduce bulk
- Independent front and rear adjustments allow for different body shapes
- For best visibility in and around the water we made the top panels brighter and placed waterproof reflective tape on the handle right on top for beacon-like visibility
Inspired by our own kayaking and wake boarding vests, Float Doggy is created in collaboration with experts in buoyancy and canine anatomy and biomechanics. Our patented combination of structural design, material choices and careful construction are designed to provide a secure, ergonomic and comfortable fit and balanced flotation for joyful, confident doggy paddling.
Bar Tack Stitching
We don’t glue our materials together or sew like Grandma; we stitch ’em right and tight. This super strong stitch is the same one used on climbing harnesses and firefighters’ gear
There are no straight lines on a dog, so there are no straight lines on a Stunt Puppy. To find the best fit on an asymmetrical cylindrical object (your dog’s torso) you need to shape, contour, and hinge every piece. Look at one of our jackets and you’ll see the same shapes and outlines as you see on your dog. The result: the most ergonomic fit on doggy shapes, maximum room for movement, coverage and adjustment where it’s needed and no fur-snagging velcro or zippers.
We make our gear with the same fabrics you’ll find in your own favorite stuff. We match performance fabrics to the conditions we’re making the jacket for and always aim for the most comfortable, lightweight, dog-friendly combinations we can find. Because as we’re sure you’ll agree, it’s never just a dog.